Crate Overhaul: General fixes and ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crate Overhaul: General fixes and ideas

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Just some ideas about how to make a Cargo junkies life a tiny bit better bounce 
Crates that are ok:
-Operations: Janitorial, wizard, mulebot, cow, c. hat.
-Security: Weapons, e. weapons, armor, riot gear, e. energy gear+armor, shield generators
-Hospitality: Food, Party, Pizza (everything basically)
-Engineering: Internals, emergency, electrical+mechanical maintenance, fuel tank, solar pack, circuits, robotics assembly
-MedSci: medical, virus, plasma assembly, surgery, sterile equipment (everything)
-Hydro: corgi, hydro supply, goat, chicken, seeds+exotic seeds, weed control, water tank

Crates that are NOT ok:
-Operations: toner, standard costume, arts and craft, empty box, formalwear, contraband
-Security: beanbag, ballistic gear, shotgun shells
-Engineering: replacement lights, metal+glass sheets, whole singularity set, thermoelectric set
-Hydro: monkey, farwa, neaera, stok

Crates that are ???:
Operations: EFTPOS scanner
Engineering: Experimental shield set
Hydro: Beekeeping

Ideas of changes:
-Toner and empty box crates should be merged and be a new crate called "Office Supplies", maybe contain a briefcase or two with some pens and a paper bin. (PS: noone uses photocopiers anyways)
-Standard costume still has theatre access required, even though theres no theatre at all! Maybe make it either an all access crate or a "Clown Costume" crate with HONK! access.
-Arts and crafts crate is...well... quite useless, the paint can be fun at times (with their limited uses), and why would a "legal" crate contain an "illegal" poster? (PS: wrapping papers dont work properly so why order more of them?)
-Formalwear should have more options, throw in ties or more suits, whatever.
-Contraband crate (most important) is junk. Only contains items that kills you basically. It should contain the old DromedaryCo. cigs with the lipstick and posters, maybe keep the happy pills with them too.
-Ballistic gear should be merged with the shotgun shells crate, maybe the crate could come with 2 boxes of shells.
-Replacement lights are not needed, have plenty.
-Metal+glass should be merged to "Construction Materials" crate, maybe throw in a 50 stack of wood planks too.
-Singularity is self explanatory, same for the old thermoelectric engine.
-The monkey-n-friends(tm) crates should be merged to something of a "Animal Cubes" crate, all of them come in cubes, right? Why not have them in a single crate then?
-EFTPOS scanners dont work, same with the shield set, if they get fixed I guess they can stay.
-Beekeeping? BEEkeeping??? Never saw a single use out of them, I tried them, nothing really happened, possible shoddy bay coding. scratch

Last edited by TokiB on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Crate Overhaul: General fixes and ideas

Post  OMGcarrot on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 am

I have to agree about the costume crate being all access, the station could always use extra clowns/mimes. Having the crate include some extra PDAs for the new clown/mime could be useful, as they do have some fun extra features.

OMGcarrot
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt.Larry on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Having one clown spread a honk virus to my pda is enough. Having anymore will make me go mad...
Sgt.Larry
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Why everything boils down to clowns and security...
No extra ideas or criticism or anything else than cluwnes?

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenLightbulb on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:32 pm

I always thought that cows came as a whole animal in their own, large crate that had to be opened with a crowbar. I might be wrong though.
GreenLightbulb
Level 1
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Count_Swagula on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Bee keeping is only good for causing mass havoc and breaking bones, ironically.

Crates do need to be upgraded, I've got some ideas for some crates myself. I'm sure that zylo and me and ginger and rockerfish and others will eventually get around to someting to do with them.

To be honest, there's a lot of stuff that they need and don't have, and stuff that they don't need and do have.

Count_Swagula
Level 2
Level 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum